Kindness Leads Us To Repentance – I Peter 2:9-12; II Corinthians 5:17-6:2
Repentance helps the Church to move forward in grace and the power of the gospel.
1 Peter 2:9-12
9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. 10 Once you were not a people, but now you are God’s people; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.
11 Beloved, I urge you as sojourners and exiles to abstain from the passions of the flesh, which wage war against your soul. 12 Keep your conduct among the Gentiles honorable, so that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day of visitation. (ESV)
2 Corinthians 5:17-6:2
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. 18 All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; 19 that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation. 20 Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. 21 For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
6:1 Working together with him, then, we appeal to you not to receive the grace of God in vain. 2 For he says,
“In a favorable time I listened to you,
and in a day of salvation I have helped you.”
Behold, now is the favorable time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (ESV)
|« Living Out Our Commission – I Peter 2:9-12||None|
- Kindness Leads Us To Repentance – I Peter 2:9-12; II Corinthians 5:17-6:2 on October 26, 2014.
- Living Out Our Commission – I Peter 2:9-12 on October 19, 2014.
- Life Giving Living – 1 Peter 2:9-12 on October 12, 2014.
- Transformed or Bored By The Gospel? – I Peter 2:9-12 on October 5, 2014.
- Our Struggle With Worship – Genesis 4:1-8 on September 28, 2014.
- Herb Zabel – Genesis 3: 21-24 on September 21, 2014.
- The Verdict on September 14, 2014.
- The Trial on September 7, 2014.
- 80 Ft. – Genesis 3:8-9 on August 31, 2014.
- Let’s Do This! Sunday on August 24, 2014.